Pope Francis says that mercy is “the bridge that connects God and [human beings].” Loving Mercy started as a response to Pope Francis’ call for a Year of Mercy. This resource is structured as a 17-day series that can be used for weekly faith sharing gatherings over 17 weeks. Its foundation is the Corporal and Spiritual Works of Mercy.
Included in the PDF:
- A full introduction to the series
- Leader guidance – a recommendation of how to structure each gathering
- Suggested formats based on time available and frequency of meeting
- 17 single-page handouts for group participants
- An appendix of music suggestions for each of the 17 days
- An appendix of web links to the full text of most of the “Call to Mercy” contemporary excerpts
- Printable sheets with each day’s scripture reading from the New American Bible Revised Edition
Also, download the Loving Mercy prayer service, free to download and use.